Dear saints and meeting attendants of the church in Fairborn,
As we monitor developments related to the novel corona virus, in coordination with other churches, we feel to provide some guidelines in order to keep you, your family, and the saints safe. Please bear in mind that these guidelines may change as healthcare and government authorities receive and analyze new information.
During this time our responsibility is to pray and stand for the Lord’s interests (Eph. 6:10-20), to watchfully shepherd the flock of God (Acts 20:28), to love our neighbors as ourselves (Mark 12:31), and to cooperate with governmental authorities (Romans 13:1).
We will update this page, easily accessible via the “Corona Guidelines” link at the top of the site, with further information as it becomes necessary.
Adjustments to Meeting Schedules and Format
- The corporate in-person Lord’s table meeting in the meeting hall of the church in Fairborn is cancelled until further notice. Instead of having corporate meetings, we encourage the saints to remain in their own house and utilize video conferencing to gather in small groups to pray, sing, and prophesy. Saints who are already attached to a small group/home meeting could gather with that group. Timing can be flexible, and bear in mind that for smaller groups you may not need an entire hour to adequately allow for sharing. Feel free to join a group using this virtual meeting schedule.
- There will be no children’s meeting at the hall on Lord’s day; children should be cared for at home.
- Prayer meetings will not be held at the hall. Saints should utilize video conferencing in small groups using this virtual meeting schedule.
- Young people’s meetings on Saturday nights should be carried out via video conferencing.
- Home meetings and other small group prayer meetings should be carried out via video conferencing.
In closing, dear saints,
We look to the Lord to supply us, lead us, cover us, and protect us. He is our fortress and our hiding place. We expect the word to grow and prevail as we meet in smaller groups, and we hope and pray that all the saints magnify Christ in every situation.
Let us all give ourselves to the Lord to experience His daily grace and fresh leading in the days to come.
Pray for the virus to be stopped. Pray for the hearts of those around to be opened. Pray for the health and safety of all. And pray for all the churches on the earth to magnify and minister Christ in the midst of this trial.
Standing together in the Lord,
The responsible brothers in the church in Fairborn